Five Things to Look for in Heating and Air Systems
There are many factors to consider when purchasing heating and air systems for your home. We have narrowed down the five most important components of choosing and maintaining these systems that will save you time, money and stress.
- Receive an adequate load calculation- Owner of Jordan Air, Donnie Jordan, emphasizes that you should never purchase a system without an adequate load calculation. This technology calculates the exact tonnage/load required to make your home comfortable on the hottest and coldest days of the year.
- Don’t forget the duct work!- Homeowners and even contractors tend to overlook duct work, especially if they install a high efficiency unit. However, without maintaining the duct system, purchasing the unit can turn out to be a huge waste of time, money, and energy.
- Insulation is important for efficiency- Insulation requires very little maintenance (upgrade approx. every 30-35 years), but heating and air systems are mechanical devices that will usually wear out after about 15-20 years, especially if they are overworked. Making sure your insulation is upgraded will save you big bucks in the long run!
- Choose the right company!- Your family and friends may know a little bit about heating and air, but you should always choose to partner with a company that works in this field every day -- bringing in expertise and adequate crew members who know the standard for these systems.
- Routine maintenance is they KEY to continued comfort- The last and most important piece of advice is this: do NOT forget or neglect a routine maintenance. Like all mechanical devices, these units will wear down over time. Having inspections to make sure your system is operating at maximum efficiency is the best way to ensure you are getting the comfort you paid for.